- The walks are really much more of a march, with the way they stomp their feet.
- All babies walk a little top heavy, and with the appearance of drunkeness.
- Every baby is just as surprised they are walking as you are.
So other than walking, baby Maddox also suffered his first bloody nose 2 Sundays ago. He's got this hippo piano (don't we all) with ears that stick up on the back. He was standing, leaning over with his hands down on the ears... sure 'nough... the whole piano flipped over backwards and baby face planted onto the floor. And by face plant, I mean still on his feet with his face buried in the floor. He wasn't so much hurt as he was pissed! He was real mad! And, after some consoling, while pushing around another toy, we noticed some blood coming from his nose. Poor little tough guy. He took it like a champ though.
Something I've noticed in the blogs around the family is something called a bucket list, which is a list of things you want to accomplish in your life. I know Maddox would want to get involved, so here's some of his "Pre-Toddler" 100 things to do. We may not make it to 100, actually, I feel pretty confident we won't make it to 25, but here's a start.
0 - 10:
- Keep choking hazards in mouth for longer periods of time.
- Graham crackers and Vanilla wafers for lunch and dinner.
- Keep convenience of diaper without losing play time to change said diaper.
- Replace dada with another mama.
- Be completely independent by this time next week.
- Feel as good as when you wake up from a nap, without actually taking a nap.
- Make snow angels in the ivy garden in our driveway.
- Eat all dinners from "food" found on the floor.
- Learn to communicate by just pointing.
- Become pen-pals with either the Cookie Monster or Elmo.
That's all for now everybody. I'll try to get some video of Maddox's march. I also will try to capture a little something we call "The Billy Goat". I won't say anything other than that... just keep an eye out for it. Love you guys.