March 14, 2007

Help Wanted

Hello all. As I'm writing this today, Goose is currently 22 weeks old. Outside of the increased playtime he's having in Nicole's belly, everything else seems to be going eerily smooth. Well, outside of the fact that Nicole is without a doubt pregnant. It seems like every morning she wakes up a few sizes bigger than the night before. But it seems that the bigger she gets the more at ease she gets with it. Probably because there is no doubt now that she is pregnant with a baby, whereas before, a case could have been made that she was pregant with Little Debbies.

While we are on the topic of increased belly size, Nicole is currently employing the use of a "belly band". What a great invention that is! According to her though, it isn't all it's cracked up to be. I'm guessing because if left unattended, it could easily ride up into turtle-neck status, but I still think it is a great idea. For those that don't know what I'm talking about, I'll explain. Nicole's belly is so large now that she can't wear her normal pants without getting Goose all wrapped up in a half-nelson. So, in the time between her size now, and her gi-normous size a few months from now, she can wear her same pants, but with the button and zipper undone. The belly-band then wraps around her waist, covering the pants and holds them together. Such a great idea somebody had. But also, such a great idea I have... me, a belly-band, and some Mexican food!

To get to the meaning behind this title, Nicole and I are requesting a little help from everybody that reads this blog. We would like some serious feedback on the following 2 things:
  1. For those that have kids: What was the one thing that you could not live without when taking care of your newborns? (i.e. diaper genie, something called boppers, or maybe chocolate?)
  2. What are your favorite boy names? Now, I know this will take some restraint (Mrs. B), but we would like serious names... meaning names like Finius, Lars and Hobart should definitely be left out of the mix. And also, if you are saving a name for your future child, then by no means include it in your list, because with Nicole's pregnancy has also come a hightening of the senses, meaning she will no doubt be able to sniff out your weakness and believe me when I say... she will pounce!

Also, one more thing to wrap up. I pulled this from a pregnancy website. It was talking about what things Goose has developed.

  • Your baby is able to hear. (Dads, did you know: low-frequency sounds mimicking a male voice penetrate the abdomen and uterine wall better than the higher frequencies of the female voice?)

I would just like to point out... like father, like son. I have a hard time hearing Nicole too. Good times.

9 comments:

That_girl said...

So here is my question... what sort of Little Debbies are we talking here? Mother in Law Little Debbies or the delicious sweet snack filled with sweet gooey-ness?

Stop looking at me swan.

Martha Drake Bishop said...

Things I couldn't live without: I had a diaper service. Back in the day it was much cheaper and much better for baby and the environement. Does anybody out there remember how to diaper a baby?

A front pack, and then later a killer backpack -- ll bean quality. I might still have that in the attic. Also a little seat for the back of a bike came in real handle as the girls got older.

A ton of stretchy sleepers and stacks of flannel receiving blankets so I didn't have to do laundry every day.

Casseroles in the freezer for the first week or so when all a Mom is supposed to do is lay around and look like the Madonna. Not Madonna. THE Madonna.

Wish List:

Full time maid, au pere, chef. Oh, and Tom Selleck.

Cody said...

You guys are funny. Mrs. B you did have a Tom Selleck... only you had the Navy Seal version.

astromack33 said...

What you really need is a lot of late night west coast ranger games and the 2am sportscenter...

everything else will be gravy.

1literatimommy said...

I couldn't do without our rocker, and another bed in a different room because sometimes, I would just pass out with jack in my arms even with his crying. I am praying for a sweet baby boy for you guys.
Great Literary Names:
Atticus
Walt
William (Shakespeare)
Robert
Dylan
Ernest
And, from Mike's freakonomics book, most common boy names among high education parents:
Benjamin
Samuel
Alexander
John
William

Here are some other cool names from the book:
Jake
Dylan
Maxwell
Colin
Sorry for the long list: Mike and I had a great time picking out our children's names. I know you guys will do great.

Martha Drake Bishop said...

what about Cole for a middle name?

Lisa Renee said...

I wish I had known with my first but did with my second, to bring the boppy to the hospital to nurse with!!!! SOOO much better than a billion pillows. I good diaper bag is a must, with outside pockets where you can throw your keys and cell phone. My favorite gift was light weight flannel blankets that Trent's grandmother made, great for swaddling. Also, my other favorite was a book that was so special to me: God's Wisdom for Little Boys. I had another boy name but we are done having kids it is Nolan Chase. Good Luck with everything. I love how you approach it all with humor! You will need that once he gets here.......believe me!

Martha Drake Bishop said...

another middle name selection:

Colby.

Goose's Baby Mama said...

Nolan was on our list too! Is it a sign?