November 18, 2008

Show me your TEETH!


Oh kids are really fun. The two pictures above are what you get when you ask Maddox to "Show us your teeth". Rather than pointing to them like every other body part, he just orients his mouth in such a way to enable you to see them. Much like a grizzly or a great white. It's startling just the same. And much like a grizzly or a great white, he's slowly moving up the food chain. Right now his meals typically consist of graham-crackers, ritz crackers, gold fish or kix cereal. But we are working on him. I think the scientific term for this is cracker-sweets-a-vore. If he would just dabble in the herbivore laire for even a day, it'd be perfect. But alas, such is life... nothing is ever truly perfect, is it?

Other than this bit of fun, dada's turning 32 today. Where did the time go? I've resigned myself to the fact that I will always be stupefied about how quickly time goes by. It's the one thing in life I will never understand. Well, one of the many really. Others would be: 1.) How can food taste so dang good going down one minute and so shockingly bad coming back up a few minutes later? 2.) If we are really supposed to have evolved from monkeys, why are they so hairy everywhere except their butts? Wouldn't this be the exact opposite of us? Not to completely scoreboard anybody here, but: Cody 1, Darwin 0. )

So Maddox has been great lately. He still much prefers his mother over me. I'm kind of on the same level as any other random stranger that looks fun and slightly familiar. But that's okay. I've got one thing going for me. Nobody, and I mean Nobody, can chase him like I can. I'll gladly claim that title. I know you are thinking it's on odd title to claim. And well, you may be right, but then again, it's my birthday today, and I'm taking it. Being chased is really his favorite thing in life right now. Being chased while outside? That's the icing on the cake man. Sometimes the best things in life are the simplest.

Max has also been quite the charmer lately. I know Nicole disagrees with me here, but sometimes when he "gets in trouble" it's really him just trying to entertain and interact with us. Before I go any further, I'll be the first to admit he does push the limits a lot. But sometimes he's just trying to joke around. He does throw his share of fits though. A weird analogy popped into my head the other day. Most of his early fits really happened when he was with Nicole or Nana and Papa. I've really not had a fit thrown on me. At least not until a few days ago. It was really a lot like fishing. Other people on our boat would catch a fish (aka a fit) from Maddox, all while I was within watching distance. Nicole was catching a lot. Nana and papa caught a few. For the longest, I'd see them reel little Maddox in with him flopping around and freaking out. I would wonder, when's my turn going come. I've been out here for awhile now. What's it going to feel like? How am I going to know if it is one and not him just playing around? What's it going to be like and better yet, how big is it going to be? Well, I caught one this week. It was kind of cool. I was thinking to myself, and I swear it was similar to the feeling you get when you feel your line first tug with a fish... "Oh, what's this? Oh. Do I have one?" Then, as Max goes straight leg and the screaming starts low and grows louder with a quickness, I realize that I actually do have one. It was great!! He totally arched his back and started kicking. Legs kicking, back arched, but head, neck and arms completely limp. I've seen bigger, but this one was mine and I ate it up. Thanks pork-chop.

Likes:
  1. Being chased.
  2. Mama.
  3. Outside.
  4. Walking in the street.
  5. Pushing shopping carts.
  6. Graham Crackers.
  7. Cars, dumptrucks, diggers.
  8. Talking jibberish.
  9. Shrek.
  10. Making the elephant noise.
  11. Slides.

Dislikes:

  1. Bed time.
  2. Green vegetables not named Pea.
  3. Hunger.
  4. Face plants while running away from dada.
  5. Seeing the back door, grasping at the door knob, yet not being able to get across his intention to go outside to his mom and dad.
  6. Not getting comfortable enough to sleep at night.
  7. Leg cramps/growing pains.
  8. A&M's losing football season.
  9. Beef.
  10. Bath-tub removal.


6 comments:

The Brown Family said...

Ahh, he looks so big!
For years I've had on my calendar that your birthday was tomorrow -- ugh! Anyway, Happy Birthday Cody Bob!
mickie

1literatimommy said...

Happy Birthday, Cody. Max is a doll with how he shows his teeth!

Cody said...

It's the 18th... you are right Mickie. I was writing that late last night for everyone to read today. The date stamp at the top burned me! Long story short, you've been right all these years.

debrabain@sbcglobal.net said...

Great blog Cody, as usualy worth the wait!

bettysue said...

#8 on his dislikes list is so so sad, poor Max! Happy Birthday Cody!! Love you!

Martha Drake Bishop said...

Is it that big of a jump from being chased by his da to being chased by the law?

and -- as far as him prefering his ma -- of course. That's the law of the universe. And no matter what I say, I will never be able to explain it. Wait until a Princess comes along. You'll slap your forehead and say, "Now I get it." The best part (for you) is that no matter what Nicole does, the Princess will prefer Da. At least until she's 14.

Love.